Who are the Friends of the Canyon Area Library (FOCAL)?
The Friends are a volunteer, non-profit organization bringing together persons interested in helping our Library in many different ways.
- Publicity and exposure in the community.
- Built and maintain The Little Book Houses located at Hunsley Park, Madison Park, and Canyon East Park.
- Annual flea market.
- Promote and support the Library.
- Encourage gifts, endowments, and bequests.
Volunteer at the Friends Bookstore!
The Friends Bookstore is located in the Library foyer and is organized and run by volunteers. With bookstore profits, the Friends purchase items for the Library.
- Prizes for the Summer Reading Program.
- Tween and teen reading area.
- Fish Aquarium and equipment .
When do the Friends meet?
The Friends meet the second Monday of each month at 5:30 pm in the Library's Hull Room. Meetings are open to the public. To check the meeting status, call the library at 806-655-5015 at least one hour before the meeting begins.
The Friends welcome volunteers and new members to join them. Please contact the Library for more information.