The Canyon Police Department is accepting applications to fill an opening for October 2013. Candidates must be TCLEOSE Certified Police Officers.
are available at the Canyon Police Department, 301 16th Street, Canyon, Texas 79015 (806)655-5005, or can be downloaded,
filled out and returned to same address. A full job description
is also available for downloading.
The Canyon Police Department is committed to preserving the quality of life enjoyed by the citizens of Canyon, Texas. Police Officers serve the community through preventive patrols, enforcement of criminal and traffic laws, investigation of reported crimes and respond to calls-for-service.
- Minimum age 21
- Valid Texas Driver's License with good driving record
- No DWI arrest within the last 5 years (Exception: Class C DUI-Minor)
- High School Graduate, GED or 12 College hours
- US Citizen
- No felony convictions or on probation for other crimes
- Never convicted of an offense resulting from Family Violence
- Honorable Military Discharge, if applicable
- Pass pre-employment oral board
- Pass physical agility examination
- Pass written entrance examination
- Pass background investigation
- Pass oral interview
- Eligible for rehire from previous employers
- Successfully complete 6 month probationary period
- Monthly salary $3202-$3999
- TCLEOSE Certification Pay
- Incentive pay Field Training Officer, Intox Operator
- 12 days annual sick leave
- Employee Health Insurance
- Firearm and leather apparel, if applicable
- Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 9 paid holidays and 1 floating holiday
- 2 week paid vacation
- Texas Municipal Retirement System
- Uniforms included
Full Job Description
If you are interested in becoming a Certified Police Officer, Amarillo College offers an outstanding Certification Program. Amarillo College Criminal Justice Program is an approved provider for TCLEOSE.